Pages

Tuesday 9 July 2019

What’s been happening in the gardens this week


Well yesterday I planted 20 plug lets of Lobelia Bush
During the night we been having a male badger we think could be a female but not sure will have to do some research on them. But a privilege all the same to have them visiting.

Over the weekend we re arranged the shed come garage but as we not putting a car in there now, I moved the tables down by the big door, so I have lighter when working in there.

Well it’s raining today, so doing indoor jobs, catching up with things like watering the indoor plants, and tried yesterday some fresh strawberries and I cut some flesh from some strawberries were having with cream. and put them into some soil and we will see if they will grow to help me have some more strawberries, what this space?

When we went shopping brought four bags of compost to keep me going for a while.


While we made our salad rolls for lunch, I took 2 bits of cumber in slices to see if I can grow from seed so another experiment on the way.
Foggy this morning with drizzly rain so catching up You Tube and emails.


Well yesterday was a lovely day so I weeded and planted some marigolds a gift from a friend so looking forward to seeing what the colours will be.
In the late afternoon we decided that we could not see the containers out the front so we moved them all in the back garden now plus it helps to break the area’s up a bit, and I started were the new herb bed will be.
We found some pebbles to put around the area that will help break the area up and the pots of herbs once I grown them or put seed into the pots.
 Going to get some wood chips or bark but the pebbles look nice for now.

I also potted up some of David’s mixed peppers yesterday learning that when it’s nice here in Scotland you go outside in the sunshine and do computer or inside jobs when it rains makes sense really,

 Yesterday afternoon I sowed some spring onion Apache (deep purple) and carrots (autumn king 2)
In the same pot drying a brought green salad pepper top half for seeds for next year.

We had rain and thunder and lightning last night, so everything outside got a good soaking so no need to water anything.

Had a busy day with appointments yesterday  so not a lot of this got done  so we catching up with indoor jobs and things and I might see what I can sow outside in pots.

 In between the showers yesterday we planted a purple bush and 4 gardens delight tomato plants
And will be planting a small version of the purple bush we planted yesterday today later or in the morning depending on the weather.

Well we also sowed some mixed flower seeds and I sow some fennel the herb in a pot not the bulb that you can grow as do not have any seeds of it at present

Raining this morning so not sure what we will be doing was going to sow some Henderson lima beans which is a bush variety I have found out could be picking them in 90 days if I read right.

Had to recue my yellow courgette as it snapped of with babies on it might have to re sow some more what do you think?

Well I managed to germinate a rare blue poppy just one over the moon about it re potted a spider plant that made 3 extra plants also potted on some Alpine strawberries made 8 pots and sowed some little gem lettuce as well this morning.


A beautiful morning here in Scotland I am about to pot on a baby pelargonium that was on beside it mother noticed when watering the plant a few moments ago

Well there was a man clearing the pansies by the clock tower and it turn out he was going to burn the pansies so I went along with two pots to save some of them and put a border near the Lobelia Bush and they look very nice indeed





No comments: